The atmospheric adventure without jumpscares will stir-up your DualSenses this Halloween!
Darkwood – a new perspective on survival horror, with no jumpscares is now available on the PlayStation 5. The cult classic indie game has been enhanced to utilise the full power of the console and all the features of the DualSense™ controller.
Adaptive triggers, haptic feedback and sound effects from the controller provide an improved experience and deeper immersion, while the game plays smoothly in native 4K resolution.
Additionally, players who have enjoyed the game previously on PlayStation 4 are able to safely transfer their save files into the new version.
Created by Acid Wizard Studio, a small 3-man team, the title has been brought to all major platforms by the console veterans from Crunching Koalas.
Craft weapons, prepare traps, fortify hideouts–players explore and scavenge the eerie forests of the Soviet Bloc by day, then hunker down in their hideout at night. With nightmarish forces corrupting the woods, waiting—and praying—for the sun to come up the next morning.
The world of Darkwood is procedurally-generated, the locations and events will vary for each play-through and player. There’s no linear path in these woods, and each decision will impact the players—and the inhabitants—of Darkwood.
PlayStation 5 version was enhanced with:
– Full DualSense™ controller support (adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, controller sound effects)
– Native 4k resolution
– PlayStation 4 save game import
Key Game Features:
- Horror without jumpscares: Darkwood is an atmospheric, psychological horror that creates a feeling of tension without the usual horror tricks. No creaking doors here!
- Day and night cycle: explore the world during the day and try to survive the night by hiding from evil forces in your shelter.
- Randomly generated map and events: the world will not change during your adventure with Darkwood, but it will vary for each play-through and each player.
- Crafting: scavenge for materials to create weapons, traps, health potions or your hideout upgrades.
- Skills and perks: learn new powers by extracting a strange essence from mutated fauna and flora, and injecting it into your bloodstream.
- No hand holding: test your skills and figure things out on your own!
- Impactful decisions: decide on the world of Darkwood, its inhabitants and the story you experience.