The resource management survival sequel brings new challenges, deeper strategic gameplay, and the perennial threat of extinction to Steam players next month.
Team17 and Unicube Studios have today announced resource management survival game Sheltered 2 will be launching on Steam on 21st September. Placing players into a post-apocalyptic landscape Sheltered 2 tasks players with surviving the horrors that await at the end of the world. Building upon the foundations of the 2016 original, Sheltered 2 features revamped combat systems and new factions mechanics for deeper strategic gameplay, a new 3D art style, and punishing survival challenges spread out across the devastated surface of the Earth.
As the fight to survive is tested by internal and external threats, players will create and build up their own faction and base, manage resources and meet survivor needs. Sheltered 2’s factions system in is instrumental to a campaign’s success; relationships can be forged between factions, giving players the option to trade and work together, with both sides thriving from the association. Alternatively, bitter rivalries can be ignited, potentially leading to catastrophic effects and ushering in an untimely end to the faction leader and their base.
Sheltered 2 Key Features:
- Factions: The factions system allows players to forge relationships with other groups to provide their base with resources and support, or they can grab their weapons and take things the old-fashioned way
- Resource Management: Players will balance the needs and wants of their survivors, manage scarce resources, craft items needed to maintain the shelter, cook meals, and build equipment to keep their group alive, and with the expanded power system players can generate energy in new ways
- Faction Leader: New for Sheltered 2, the faction leader is the most important member of a shelter, boasting their own unique and powerful traits, the faction leader will be pivotal to success, with their death meaning game over
- An Unforgiving Wasteland: Starvation, asphyxiation, extreme temperatures, and combat are just some of the challenges players will face in the harsh wasteland
- Combat: In Sheltered 2 players will use a variety of skills coupled with the ability to build parties of four and targeting specific body parts on their enemies to deal the most visceral damage in combat situations. Each action performed also has a stamina cost, so strategy will be at the forefront of every altercation, each move critical in the balance of life and death
- Characters: Survivors have their own personalities, traits, desires, and skills to acquire, and the ability to customise each individually means every faction member is unique.
Survivors looking to start their adventure in the wasteland can wishlist Sheltered 2 on Steam. To keep up to date with all the information on Sheltered 2 please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join us on Discord.